Theatrical Ageing
In Theatrical Ageing is Makeup for Theatre Performances. The makeup has to be seen from the back seat of the theatre, so every part has to be exaggerated, the colour, shapes, lines etc. Unlike makeup for TV/Film, the makeup does not have to be precise and clean. Stage makeup focuses on exploiting the natural lines and shapes of the face.
What I used:
• Kryolan Foundation Pallet
• Kryolan Transparrent Powder
• Kryolan Skin Shades Powder Pallet
•Kryolan Camouflage Pallet
Tools/Make-Up Appliances:
• Foundation Brush
• Creme small Highlighter Brush
• Powder Brush
• Petite brush for lines
Health and Safety:
• Always wash your hands
• Cover model to stop any product spilling on clothing
• Always use spatular and pallet
• NEVER double dip
• Consultation, always
• Clean brushes in between clients
Consultation:
• Sensitive skin
• Pale complexion
• No allergic problems to any products
Method:
• Cleanse, Tone and Moisturise the face
• Prep and prime
• Apply natural foundation to the face using the Kryolan Pallet, always use with a spatular onto a pallet for hygiene.
• Apply the Kryolan Transparrent Powder onto all of the face to prep the face for the powder that you are going to use to create the lines.
• Politely ask your model to screw up their face to outline the lines so you can apply the Kryolan skin colour powder to the face to create the lines.
• Apply to forehead, nose, cheek bones, underneath the nose and at the side of the lips.
• Slightly blend to make it look more natural
• When you're happy with your dark lines, apply the highlighter underneath the lines to create depth and make it seem more realistic to get shape to the face.
• After that is complete, add the finishing touches to the face to either make the lines darker or highlight more areas than others.
For this exercise, I have practised a few times to get it right, firstly on myself from a YouTube video that I found extremely helpful to get the ageing of the skin correct. I have also practised on peer students in class, at home and also on a professional filming shoot for second year students. All of this experience developed my knowledge on how to age the skin properly and how to adapt to different faces and skin types.
This was my first attempt at old age make-up, I was not super impressed of the outcome and think there could be some work to be improved so then I took it upon my ability to improve those skills through other tasks.
Here is the YouTube video that I used:
On my second attempt at old age make-up I was just playing around with the different skin colour and type to try and adapt to different faces and how to wrinkle the face properly to suit the model.
I realised that the lines were too big and too un-realistic but I needed to outline the wrinkles. I then decided to change the model to practise on.
I was just at home, bored and decided to practise my old age look on my flat mate, I outlined to myself much more than my first attempt and also took the eyebrows into account to make it look more elderly by adding white mascara and white eyeshadow to give the look a bigger effect. I highlighted the nose much more to make it look bigger and it helped that my model had a spot so it made it look like a mole on the face, a bit like an old wicked witch.
A couple of weeks later I was asked to be the MUA for a second year 8 minute filming, the task was to make one of the girls look elderly. I really enjoyed doing his and it gave me a sense of the industry and working with different groups and types of people. I was pleased with the outcome and it was exactly what they wanted. Hopefully it will lead on to more work with them and more contacts.
Creeping of the Skin
It is so easy to make the skin look elderly by a few small steps to success...
What you will need:
• Liquid Latex
Hairdryer
For this task I practised on my hand to show the wrinkles more, it was so simple and easy but had such a great impact on the skin. Before applying the latex, make sure the skin is clean and ready to be worked on.










No comments:
Post a Comment