Bruises are a formality of the skin after hurting yourself, it's when the blood rushes to the top of the surface to create a strange colour formality. The colours normally include purple, red and yellow. Before creating a bruise from products, it is important to study a natural bruise first.
Here is a bruise that I did a week ago:
It has been a lot worse than that but the colours have remained the same but gradually faded away. It depends on the depth of bruise that you want to create that depends on what sort of action you take with the choice of colour and technique.
Black Eye
In my experiment of creating a black eye, I didn't want it to seem to bruised and too much as I was focusing more on the rash on the side of my models face. I wanted the black eye to look more faded, I slipped up with the choice of colouring and think the blue was too light but I was happy with the yellow. If I was to improve I would of had a go at a more deeper and dark black eye to compare the two bruises together but unfortunately I didn't have time to do so.
Cuts
I found cuts extremely hard to make seem realistic, on my first attempt it looks totally fake but I created a step by step guide to help me remember for my developed attempt to do a 'slit wrist'
Step by Step Guide
Get some FX was and mould into your hand to make a slim sausage shape and place onto the skin where you would like your wound.
Using a spatular, blend into the skin to make it look more realistic
Also, using the spatular put a slit down the middle of the wax to create your wound
Using a supra colour pallet, go around the wound with a red to set the base
Apply a deeper red colour, black, purple and fake blood to finish off your wound.
Second attempt
• Products to use
End Result









No comments:
Post a Comment